Monday, February 9, 2009

Week 1: January 20-23, 2009

This week was a very exciting week! It was our first week of classes. It was pretty intense at first because we did not know each other so we barely talked. It felt kind of awkward but by the end of the week, we all had at least talked to each other and spent time with different people.

On Tuesday, we did a lot of activities that helped us engage more with each other, and we got a lot of information about our semester.

On Wednesday, we began our classes. We talked about the book, A Small Place and discussed it. We began our navigation class which was very fun because we did an activity outside! We had our first communications class with Vincent which was also very fun.

I was really looking forward to Thursday because we started boot camp, and I like to work out! So that was my highlight of the day. Although it was very cold, we all did very well.

On Friday I was also eager about taking my first swimming classes ever! I was really cold, but I got through it!

To sum this week up, I just want to say that it was an emotional week for me because I had lots of mixed emotions and I bet I am not the only one. It was just different. I felt excited for being in a new environment and meeting new people and learning new things, but at the same time I felt sad because I miss all my friends and I do not get to see them as often as I did before. However, I look forward to the rest of the semester, and I'm willing to be open to anything to make this a memorable experience.

By Celina Lopez

No comments:

Post a Comment