Thursday, March 26, 2009

March 26, 2009

Today we are on our second day of sailing towards our next destination, Dominica. It has been a rough sail so far. And I mean rough for us because it is hard to steer and stand on bow watch when the ship is going really fast. The speed is actually a good thing because we can get there quickly. The worst part is not staying dry. Every time we tried to do dishes we get splashed. At first I hated it but then I started to get used to it. By my night watch I was fully prepared to get wet.
The highlight of my day though was when Mr. Welsh caught his first fish of the trip. I could tell he was very happy by the smile he had on his face. Mr. Bailey and Dave also seemed very excited. Later that day Lizzie cooked it for dinner. I heard it was very yummy. I couldn’t even taste it after seeing how they cut it open and took everything out. Ann actually showed me the gills and the inside of the eyes. It was interesting but stinky.
At night I helped Lizzie make chocolate chip cookies. It was fun because I hadn’t baked in a long time. Finally the best part of my day was seeing a shooting star during my night watch! I was so amazed because I like to look at stars back home but it is nothing compared to what I have seen on this voyage. Now all I have to do is wait and see if my wish comes true.
Iris Galvan

No comments:

Post a Comment