Friday, March 27, 2009

March 27, 2009

Today was a normal sailing day but some interesting things went on. So galley duty is when you get a whole day to help Lizzie, the cook, out in the galley with the food preparation. I had galley duty today so I got to sleep in and have a day off from C watch. After I woke up and was done with the morning shift I sat on deck wishing I had a book to read and Nettie overheard me. I told her I wasn’t done reading twilight and she told me the series was here so I was really excited and happy. So the day went on and Lizzie taught Briana, Jasmine, and me how to harmonize while we braided her hair in singles. After that, lunch came around and we happily feasted. Then we listened to our weather, navigation, and resources report to find out how things were. It was the 2nd time people did them on their own and they did a really good job. Last but not least we finished the night by trying to finish Lizzie’s hair and stay up at the same time. Overall it was a normal and slightly interesting day today and I’m excited to get off the boat to explore Dominica tomorrow!

Gwen Fincher

No comments:

Post a Comment