Friday, April 10, 2009

April 10, 2009

Today it was a usual day of sailing. We are underway bound for Samana, Dominican Republic with 70 nautical miles to go. We are sailing down wind today, which is a good point of sail for Spirit. Samana will be our second to last stop before getting to Florida.

This Morning I got to stand the dawn watch and I got to see the sunrise while I was on the helm steering. I have seen so many nice things on this trip including beautiful sunrises and sunsets, a bunch of stars and even dolphins. Of course nothing out of the ordinary, but things that I do not really appreciate when I am back at home. I am excited to go ashore and hopefully get to talk to my family. It has been about four weeks since we’ve been away from home and I really miss everybody. I am also excited to visit our second Spanish speaking country. It is always nice to be in a place where you have something in common with the people.

Poem:
A strong woman is a woman who feels
beautiful inside and out no matter what
she is wearing. And no one and nothing
can make her think otherwise.

A strong woman is a woman who picks
herself up after facing disappointment.
And still has a smile on her face as her
life continues.

A strong woman is a woman who expresses
her feelings and expects no one to feel sorry for her.
One who is very caring and loving to the people who
surround her and who is strong for who ever needs it.

Iris Galvan

1 comment:

  1. I love your poem beautifully written. Your a strong woman Iris.

    Gwen
    Gwens mom peace

    ReplyDelete