Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16, 2009

Today we are headed to Great Inagua. It felt like any other day on the boat, going through normal watch rotation and taking care of the boat. It was awesome to go aloft for the second time, I love being able to see what is around me. The water is a pretty blue color most of the time and some times so clear you can see the bottom even though it’s really deep, like around 60 feet.

I thought that it was really cool that the US Coast Guard helicopter circled around us a few times. The Captain says this is one way they keep track of where we are. Another interesting thing that happened is, we caught a yellow fin tuna fish and everyone watched it get carved up into pieces that we could eat, but before it was cut up everyone got to hold it and take a picture with it. I loved mid-rats (our night watch snacks!) because it was a mix of chocolate and peanut butter with cereal (puppy chow!), it would just melt in your mouth.

Ann Curran

4 comments:

  1. way to go tallship sailors! just reading the daily blog. SHOUT OUT TO YOU ASHLEY!
    bill & Kids-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blogs! Some of you write so creatively that I feel myself there with you! I can feel the wind, see the moon and the stars! Thank you. Why don't you gather all these into a book? I'd buy it!
    Kayla, I miss you! XXXXXXXXX
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have had a great time reading all your comments - such wonderful descriptions including feelings and emotions as well as visual. Feel like we're there with you. Finally, Annie, we know you are alive and well!!! Today is Tyler's 5th birthday and he wanted to know if you were coming to his family birthday dinner. I had to tell him no. He wants his Auntie Annie home! See you all next week. Love, Margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have all had fun and enjoy this last week. Love you Kayla!
    Connor

    ReplyDelete