Monday, April 13, 2009

April 8, 2009

Its Gwen again! It was my galley duty day today which means that I get to do the blog and fill you in on how the day went.

The girls and I first woke up to do some chores and then ate some delicious German pancakes. Then we launched the boats to go ashore in Trellis Bay so we could meet Aragorn. When we arrived we all went to the café to watch a documentary on him. I found out that he helped build a 36 foot dugout canoe called the Gli Gli that took 2 years to build. Not only did he help, he also sailed with people of the Carib Territory. He wanted them to see the other Caribbean indigenous people on other islands. The point was for them to see the others, research the language more and unite there people.

After we met Aragorn, we got in the Gli Gli and sailed to the beach. It was beautiful as usual and we swam in the perfect temperature clear water. Then we started sailing back and we had to tack. Ha, ha although we all had to keep the boat balanced by sitting on the rails every once in a while, I enjoyed it. Once the ride back was done we got an hour and a half to get some souvenirs from the art store and we got a chance to use the internet to contact some friends and family.

Lastly when we got to the boat the captain congratulated us. The girls had us out and sailing in under 58 minutes which is big. Overall it was a great day and I can’t wait to get to our next stop! The Dominican Republic!!!!

Gwen Fitcher

4 comments:

  1. Kayla, I got your post card yesterday-4/14.
    Hope you are all doing well.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen I read your blog it was perfect informative piece of work.I see you are enjoying the food. smile. I am glad you and the girls are having such a wonderful time. I love reading all the crews articles (blogs). Stay safe be happy explore to the fullest.

    Gwen James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, gang! It's been over a week and there's no new post to read. I'm hooked! Let's hear what's happening!
    Denise ( Kayla's aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley...great to read the blogs about you and yourshipmates activities. saw you in 3 pics. getting close to the end of your tour. bill & kids-

    ReplyDelete