Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20, 2009

So yesterday we started our new watches and I’m pretty satisfied with my group. Today I had to be J-WO again and it went very well. All I had to do was take the place of the 1st mate, Mr. Bailey. The job included plotting a position every hour, take bearings on ships, make sure the watch rotation was going along and lastly report back everything that happen in the last watch. I felt like I was running everything, like I was in charge. It went pretty smoothly and I’m proud of myself.

Another highlight came later that night. I was sleeping in my bunk when I was awakened by the loud banging of the foresheet. Next thing I knew I heard voices yelling and saw a lot of rain! It looked like a squall so I hopped out of bed to tried to get it on camera but I was to late. It had already calmed down.

It was an interesting day overall and right now we have 9 more days until we are at home.

Gwen Fincher

No comments:

Post a Comment