Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 25th, 2009

Today is Saturday. We are on our 7th day of sailing bound for Florida. During the night watches it gets colder now since we are not in the Caribbean anymore. Today during my 8 to 12 watch I went aloft with Nick to do a rig check. A rig check is when you climb up on the shrouds and make sure that the lines are not ripping and that everything is fine. It was very scary because I had not gone up while we were underway. But when I got up there it was worth the view. Then after a very hot and sticky day Kayla, Julia, Molly and I took a very refreshing bucket bath. We also saw a lot of dolphins today. They were all along the bow of the boat. It was so amazing having them so close to us. We also had to hove to at around 8 pm just outside of the channel entrance to Fernandina Beach. We have to wait until tomorrow to go in because there is a very strong current and we cannot anchor during the night. Well we are very close to getting there and our trip is almost coming to an end. I am excited to be home but I know that I am going to miss living with the girls and being with them all the time. I think that I am also going to miss the crew and all our little boat moments.

Iris Galvan

No comments:

Post a Comment