Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April 7, 2009

Well today I woke up early because it was all hands on deck, but I had galley duty. It was field day on my galley duty which means the entire crew and all of us girls had to do a big clean up on the boat before we went ashore. Our cook Lizzy had to go ashore to buy more groceries for the boat. All day we were stuck cleaning things and putting away food. Although it was worth it because the boat looks really good and clean.

After the big clean up everybody was so tired and ready to go to sleep but we stayed up and chatted for a little while then for me it was lights out and I was out for the count.

Well I should tell you all my experience being here so far since I only arrive a few days ago. I really like it. I have been pulling my weight around the boat and since I have been here its sort of like home. You wake up clean the whole house then you go do homework and then you have class then go right to sleep. Of course being here on the boat is a big difference from home. I never thought I would be sailing around the world on a sail boat but look at me now I am and I'm so happy.

Just being around the girls talking and having fun makes being here on the boat so much fun. They have been very nice to me, catching me up on things, helping me when I need it and just being my support systems since I'm not home. During galley duty at dinner I used my Grandmother's recipe to cook the whole boat fried chicken and mash potatoes with corn. I had fun doing that even though it was really hot in the galley. I was sweating up a storm but after I went outside and cooled off. I took a refreshing bucket bath then went to sleep.

Marcella Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment